You can recycle the following in your green bin or bag:
- Christmas cards and wrapping paper: All cards and paper but nothing with glitter, ribbons and bows or shiny foil wrapping paper.
- Cardboard packaging: If it's too big to put in your recycling container leave it next to your bin on recycling day and we'll pick it up. Or take it to Chelson Meadow or Weston Mill.
- Glass bottles and jars and plastic bottles
- Biscuit and sweet tins and plastic tubs
- Food and drink cans and aerosols
- Foil from the turkey and other cooking: But not if it's got burnt food on or is covered in grease.
Please rinse bottles and containers and put the tops in separately into your recycling bin or container
You can't recycle the following in your green bin or bag:
- Christmas crackers: The snap strip is explosive and the paper parts are too small to separate for recycling.
- Bubble wrap
- Polystyrene packaging
- Batteries: Recycle these in most supermarkets or take them to Chelson Meadow or Weston Mill.
- Artificial Christmas trees: Donate to your local charity shop if in good condition, or take to Chelson Meadow or Weston Mill.
- Decorations and lights: Take to Chelson Meadow or Weston Mill.
We will not pick up real trees from outside your home but will have wood chipping machines at locations across the city from Monday 9 January until Thursday 19 January. You can also take them to Chelson Meadow or Weston Mill.
Electrical items, furniture, bric-a-brac, old toys and clothing