Safety at sports grounds
How to apply
You must hold a safety certificate if you operate a designated sports ground (one that holds more than 10,000 spectators) or a ground that has regulated stands (covered stands that accommodate 500 or more spectators).
Return completed forms (with the correct fee) to Building Control, Plymouth City Council, Ballard House, West Hoe, Plymouth, PL1 3BJ.
You may also need to provide:
- Location/site plan
- Drawings, plans and specifications (ideally electronically)
- Risk assessment (fire safety for example)
- Traffic management plans
- Contingency plans
- Safety policy for all spectators
- Electrical certification
- Medical plans
- Structural details and calculations
- Details of the safety team hierarchy including all responsible persons
Information on all of the above can be found on the Sports Grounds Safety Authority (SGSA) website.
Costs may vary depending on the work involved with your application.
Safety advisory group
The Plymouth Safety Advisory Group (SAG) meets regularly in relation to Plymouth Argyle FC, Plymouth Albion RFC and Devonport Services RFC. For more information on SAG email email@example.com or call 01752 304343.